Friday, July 31, 2009

Don't Get Mad. Get a Camera!

(Two posts today, since I'm so behind...)

Someone once told me this fabulous advice. When your kid makes a mess. Don't get mad. Get a Camera and take a picture! So, I'm trying to learn that lesson early, before the messes get worse, as I'm sure they will. Here are a few messes Lexi has made, and continues to make:

She can't leave her books alone. Every day or two, I try to put all of her books in a nice neat row next to her nightstand. She must not like them looking straight, because she bee-lines it to them every time she sees them put away, and she throws them all over the floor (gently). So, I finally took a picture of her playing with her books. So far, we've only had one ripped cover. Not too bad for an entire year!!!




Lexi's favorite place to play is my bathroom cupboard. She loves getting out my hairsprays, lotions, nail polishes, make-up, etc. I actually use this to my advantage. If I am not lucky enough to get a shower in while she's napping, I can set her in the bathroom while I shower, and she just plays with my cupboard and takes everything out of my drawers. (This was at the beginning of her play, so she hasn't gotten everything out yet). Gotta love it!


Lexi had a good nap, and had woken up happy. Started playing by herself in her crib, which is a good thing. Tells me she has napped long enough. I was on the computer for some reason, so I let her keep playing for a few minutes. I realized it was a little too quiet. (Any time Lexi is playing silently, I know she's into something she shouldn't be. Or has eaten something she shouldn't.) So, I walked into her room, and lo and behold, there she is, quietly pulling all of the diaper disposal bags out of the box! So, I grabbed a camera!


(I know what you're thinking. Plastic is dangerous for children. Suffocating hazard. So, although this was cute and funny to laugh about now, I did make sure and put the bags somewhere other than the top of her changing table, so she can't reach them. Just so nobody thinks I'm a terrible mother...)

1 comment:

lactja said...

Super Cute Pictures! And I should totally take your advice, Don't get mad, Get a Camera!