Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lexi Update

Well, since Alexia is almost a year old now, I figure I better update things from her 9th, 10th and 11th months before she turns a year old! Shame on me for being such a slacker. And sorry this post is SO LONG!!!

Here she is at nine months. Notice the slobber all over her onesie.
At her 9 month appointment, Lexi was under the 3rd percentile for weight AND height. I promised the doctor that I WAS feeding her, and he wasn't worried. She's just a tiny one, which I love. It's so cute how tiny she is, but how chubby her cheeks are! (I'll be interested to see how her 12 month appointment goes, because it seems like she's grown a lot lately).


She's lost her fascination with the camera, so it's harder to get her to smile at the camera like she used to. But, sometimes the candid shots are cuter anyway. At nine months, Lexi had officially said her first word (dada - she said it on Mother's Day). She began rocking back and forth while on her bum, and she'd scoot herself in a circle on the floor. She loved practicing her sounds like "tuh tuh," or "th th th" or "yuh yuh."

Then, she hit 10 months in June. Here she is with daddy:

In June, she learned to crawl. It started out as a tummy/army crawl. She'd get down on her belly, and use her feet to scoot forward a few inches at a time. Then, she learned to crawl using one knee and one foot, which is how she still does it.

Even knowing how to crawl, her favorite thing was walking around using daddy's hands. He'd go really quick around the room, and she'd pump her legs as fast as they could go, round and round the room.

Now, Lexi is 11 months. I can't believe we have just less than three weeks until she hits her 1st birthday!



Lexi is an expert at cruising furniture. She pulls herself up really well now, and can almost go anywhere. She's also amazing at staircases now. Wherever we go, she looks for the stairs. She goes up, and then claps for herself when she gets to the top. I thought it'd take her a while to learn, because for two days straight, she only crawled up one step. But, then, one day, she just decided to go up the whole flight!!! So, we now have to take the gate with us when we're downstairs, so we can keep her down there, and not go up and down all day long. (she doesn't know how to go down yet, so I still need to follow her up).

She cut her top two teeth a couple of weeks ago, so now she has 4 teeth. Two top and two bottom. If I can get her to smile really big, I'll post a picture of that.

She loves adult food. Now we feed her anything we can. (Still minimal milk, and no citrus, PB or honey or eggs). But, she loves mommy and daddy food. She begs every time we're eating. So, for dinner every night, she tries whatever we're eating, and if she doesn't like it, then I just give her homemade veggie or fruit baby food, or finger foods. But, we're slowly transitioning to the table food thing, and it's so fun!!!

7 comments:

Julianne said...

Seriously -- she is a DOLLLLLL. Her big long smile is PERFECT! I love her!

Dani Jensen said...

Worth the wait. She's such a cutie. It's hard to believe how fast it goes.

hb said...

SO CUTE! I just love it! Ezri did the same thing with stairs! I love all her pictures-what a smiley baby! (only they're not gonna be babies much longer).

Becca Sharp said...

Heidi - I know, right? I can't believe they both turn one in less than three weeks!!! I'm more excited for her birthday than I am for my birthday!!!

Courtney said...

What a cutie pie! And I love her cheeky grin!

Carrie said...

Such a sweet smile! I love the dress in the second picture!

Melissa Fisher said...

cutie patootie! Cheeks like her momma's! Course Becca's did stick out a little further! :>)