Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Alexia's Blessing

After three weeks, we finally got Alexia's blessing pictures downloaded and compressed. Took us long enough!!!

Her blessing went so well! My worst fear was that she'd either scream through the entire blessing, or poop all over her new dress that we paid $40 for. But, neither happened. All I did was make sure she was fed, and prayed for the best. She was an absolute angel during the blessing! She didn't cry or anything. Just stared at everyone in the circle. And, my brother Joe said that she was also staring just outside the circle, as if looking at someone else that was there (maybe one of her grandpa's that's passed on!!!). So, it was very special. She was wonderful through it, and Jacob did a great job blessing her. Here are a couple of pictures from the day.



Jake was helping me get her dress on in the morning, and as soon as I put her headband on, (that her wonderful Aunt Missy made) she just looked so cute! I had to run and grab the camera right that second to take a picture. Such an angel!




It was wonderful to have both our families there. Everyone from our immediate families was there, so that was wonderful. We missed our grandpas that couldn't make it! (Living and otherwise...)



I love this picture. It's a good family shot. Too bad we couldn't get Alexia to look at the camera. Even having three people behind the camera cooing at her and trying to get her attention, it still didn't work. But, all in all, it was a great day!

3 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

Cute pics, I love her big puffy dress! I think every mom shares the same fears with you--poop and screaming! None of those really go well with a pretty white outfit! Anyway- looks like a great day!

Julianne said...

Ha, she is so cute! I love little babies and how cute they are. And hey -- is your hair blonde?? I LIKEY!!

Yay for the pictures!

JaNae said...

What a cute family. Alexia's dress is so pretty.